Integrity Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A guide... Psych!

Go down

A guide... Psych! Empty A guide... Psych!

Post  Thrashbarg Sat May 15, 2010 9:08 pm

My psychic is currently level 83, I'm just going to post here how I made her, this isn't necessarily the "best" way, just how I am doing it.

For stats, very simple: enough strength for current arcane armor and everything else into magic!
At level 83 that is: 43 points of strength and 370 points of magic (unmodified by gear).
I shard with 4/1 citrines/garnets and use good 3 star boots and hat with phys def adds. I look for vit adds on my gears also.
With all gear I have 3295 unbuffed hp (most of this is from gear and gems).

Skills:
(buffs)
Level 10 black voodoo and level 1 white voodoo, stuff dies before it gets to me.
Level 1 soul of vengence (I only use this occasionally, like bramble its mainly designed to put on a tank to help them hold aggro, but it uses their mana and leveling it only increases the casting range)
Level 1 soul of stunning and soul of retaliation (PvP skills for 1v1 fights, I don't pk and I rarely duel so I don't need these, they seem cool for that stuff though)
Level 1 soul of silence, this is an awesome buff for grinding/soloing but leveling it does nothing, level 1 is as good as level 10. The sage version is worth getting but I won't level it until then.
Level 5 empowered vigor (I wish I could afford more of this one, great for aoe fights or casting on tank for bosses)
Psychic will maxed to level (self purify and immunity to physical damage... sweet...)

(passive skills)
aqua and earthen spirit, maxed to level (damage increase, nuff said)
tide form, don't even have it (yay, I can spend spirit to swim faster at the expense of being able to heal myself or attack! great...)

(debuffs)
Disturb soul level 1 (PvP skill, and not a great one, doesn't seem to work on bosses, haven't tried it on very many though)
Diminished vigor maxed to level (perfect for any boss that self heals, you know the ones... or if you don't, you will Twisted Evil )

(attack spells)
Level 10 aqua impact and spirit blast (main 2 attacks, fast, long range, alternately spammable)
Level 10 torrent and sand trap (great for DDing on bosses)
Most others around level 8, at that point where I need more coin than is available...
The aoe skills are freekin awesome, every one of them. They all have some sort of useful debuff.
The only skill I don't like is tide spirit, it seems a waste of 2 sparks, I get more damage using dual spark and normal attacks, or red tide.

Last, but not least, Bubble of Life!! Level 10 of course (cleric at heart). This skill alone makes the psy a valuable ally in any squad.
At level 10 it gives everyone within 15 meters 30% base mag attack + 1000 hp over 15 seconds. It has a 30 second cooldown, so it isn't a replacement for cleric, but when BB is struggling to keep up in a massive aoe or when the cleric is stunned/sealed/etc. and the party is taking too much damage it can save lives. Use it during zhen just as the mobs are entering the kill zone, this will give the cleric and DDs some buffer healing as the first impact comes, and if something goes wrong it will cool before apothecary/charm cooldown catches up and wipes everyone.

Aggro control... a skill you can't buy from the trainer, but one you will need to live.
A guide... Psych! Agrocontrol
Wait until the barb has used flesh ream a few times to attack, then space regular and DoT attacks till half health.
If you don't have a barb tanking don't use voodoo, or spark your attacks.
Don't macro on bosses, it's hard to stop attacking if you do get aggro.
If you get aggro, stop attacking and run to the barb/tank (it might not seem smart, but do it!) do not run away from the barb if you have aggro on a boss...
(unless the barb/tank is dead, then it can be good to use white voodoo/potions/genie to run the boss around until cleric can get tank revived and rebuffed; psychics can tank a good amount of magic damage with practice)

Have fun blasting stuff into oblivion you little cannon-fish!

tongue
Thrashbarg
Thrashbarg

Back to top Go down