Integrity Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assasin build skill tips

Go down

Assasin build skill tips Empty Assasin build skill tips

Post  Admin Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:15 am

I got this off the PWI site forums, remember forums are just peoples opinons. Since I have not made one or a any tide class this one seemed most informed and leaned more toward player versus environment. The rest of the comments I read were more toward playver versus player, so this one should help pve players.

So I'm a skill spammer, and that gets really expensive (MP pots... @__@), BUT... random comments! =D

- Raving slash is pretty much useless (to me, at least). I believe it was intended so that you can use it just before your target runs, so you can easily catch up to it.. but I've never really used it, never bothered to time it correctly to make it useful lol.

- Slipstream is VERY nice at lower levels, at ~70 it's sort of on par with Ribstrike, though (as previous poster(s) have mentioned) Ribstrike has a useful debuff and Slipstream has none.

- Bleed is nice =) Get Puncture Wound leveled up if/when you can afford to, it helps on buffed (increased defense, increased life, etc.) mobs a bit, and it's just nice for a skill to be doing extra damage while you smack away at the mob, lol.

- Once you get around 60+, if you want to do well at Public Quest, make sure you level up your AOEs (Subsea Strike and Earthen Rift) and your Focused Mind. It'll help you a bit -- AOEing probably gets you the best contribution, just make sure other people have aggro. In the case that you steal a little aggro, having Focused Mind on helps you escape some damage.

- Tackling Slash + Throatcut can act together as a stun of sorts (Throatcut makes it so the target can do nothing except for run, but Tackling keeps them in place so they can't even do that ;D), and that works very well along with lvl 1 Shadow Teleport and Headhunt as a sort of stun lock =3 Very useful for certain mobs.

- Bloodpaint's stealing 2% of your damage on the mob as HP may seem a little useless at first, but it becomes very useful as your damage gets higher and higher =P Especially if/when you AOE (imagine stealing 50-100 HP from every mob you hit at the same time...) while other people are tanking the majority of the mobs xD

- Wind Push and Maze Steps help you to catch up to running/kiting mobs, as do Shadow Teleport and Shadow Jump. BUT note that Maze Steps protects you from movement debuffs AND from STUNS! This could be very useful if you can time it well, though I don't know how that'd be possible if you get jumped by a stunlocker @_@

- Knife Throw actually helps a bit, but again only if you time it well.. they can interrupt boss AOEs, but the cooldown time sucks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://integrityfaction.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down