Integrity Faction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux and PWI

Go down

Linux and PWI Empty Linux and PWI

Post  Admin Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 pm

I have Linux installed on pc's in my office downstairs, this pc is just for playing my 2 online games Guild Wars and PWI. I use winxp pro on this pc. It has been said that the only reason to use Linux to play pwi is to hack sniff or other dubious acts, not true. The open source software is I believe the best os, it will make microsoft quit relaseing hacked up software to the general public. As soon as they get a somewhat stable and livable os they release a new piece of junk, that makes you get new hardware and software thats supposed to be compatible.

Maragon the problem your having is with wine itself, it is ok for text based software adobe, office etc. The problem is with direct X. The workaround which is to run a virtual machine through windows defeats the purpose of having Linux. So this link is a step by step guide for running PWI under the mint program for linux. I hope this helps if not let me know and I will find you a viable solution. Smile

This is not my guide I don't use my linux for gaming.

Intslling minit and pwi
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://integrityfaction.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum